With the winter months upon us, it’s too easy for our skin to get dry, dull, and dark. My solution? A DIY facemask that has been popular in India for hundreds of years!
Indian brides usually apply this face mask a few days before their weddings, so you know that it’ll give you bright, healthy, glowing skin! Best of all, it’s super simple to make.
What You’ll Need:
- 2.5 tablespoons gram flour (besan)
- A pinch (just a literal pinch) of turmeric (haldi) ***
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1 teaspoon of milk or plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey
What To Do:
- Mix all the ingredients together until it makes a nice paste.
- Apply it to your face, by rubbing it into your skin with your hands.
- After you have rubbed it in, apply a second, thinner layer on top.
- Leave on for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse off with cool water.
***Note: Do not put more than a pinch otherwise it will stain your fingers and your face yellow. You’ve been warned.
So easy, I made it myself!