As we’ve all fully established that I have way too much makeup (and enough extras for the next 2 years), I have decided to give myself a challenge. Introducing my Project Pan for 2017!
I first saw this idea on YouTube and thought it was such a clever idea. It’s a great way to make sure you are using up the products instead of wasting them, throwing them away, having them expire, or just letting them sit there on your shelf for God knows how long.
I have so many products that I would like to get to using up just so I feel like I didn’t waste my money buying them. Everyone does this challenge a little differently, so here are my rules:
- There will be 15 products I have to try and “hit pan on”.
- I cannot go out and buy more makeup of that category until I finish the product, unless I absolutely need it. For example, when I finish my current foundation, I can go out and buy another one since I won’t have one anymore. But, unless I finish a lipstick, I cannot go out and buy another one since I have way too many already (exemptions will be made for limited edition products IF I absolutely truly need to have it).
- For powder products, I just have to hit pan to complete the challenge (this will be hard enough since there’s usually more product and I don’t wear makeup everyday). For all other types of products, I need to finish them, unless otherwise stated.
- Some products I don’t have to finish because there’s way too much of it, but I do have to try my best to complete my goal, which I will outline.
Without further ado, here are the products I will try to finish by the end of 2017:
- Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation (will probably go out and buy this again once it’s over)
- Marc Anthony Hydrating Coconut Oil and Shea Butter Oil Treatment
- Too Faced Hangover RX Primer
- L’Oreal Brow Stylist Definer
- Physicians Formula Multi-Colored Blush
- Loveux Sugar Lip Scrub
- Burt’s Bees Lipstick
- Eos Lip Balm
- Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue
- Kiehl’s Creamy Avocado Eye Treatment
- Finish at least one thing from each drawer (3) [I have daytime skincare, nighttime skincare, and face masks drawers. That’s one from each drawer so 3 things total]
- Julep’s Cuticle Oil (get at least halfway through this)
- Finish at least half of the samples in my “sampler” bag. Counting the duplicates, I have 16, so my goal is to complete 8 by the end of this year. The samples I have are:
- Clarins Ginseng Booster Energy
- L’Oreal Lumi Cushion
- Clarins Extra Firming Mask
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade
- Too Faced Born this Way Foundation (technically I have 5, but some are too light/dark for me, so ideally, let’s say I have to finish 2)
- Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream Moisturizer
- Philosophy Amazing Grace Lotion
- Per-fékt Matte Body Perfection Gel
- Juice Beauty Cleansing Milk
- Juice Beauty Nutrient Moisturizer
- Bioré Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser
- CoverGirl TruBlend Foundation (again, this sampler has 6 shades, and I’m going to try and finish 2 of them).
- Chanel Perfection Lumiére Long-Wear Flawless Fluid Makeup
- Lancôme Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate
And yeah! That’s about it! I’m excited to try this out and see how it goes! If you ever try to do this, let me know what products are included and how it goes.