We’re back with the weirdness confessions, so here we go!
Am I making you hungry yet?
- The only salad I like is from Olive Garden (And I don’t like salad dressing. Not really a salad person).
- I cannot do a cartwheel to save my life and I don’t think I’ll ever be able to. We had a unit in first grade gym where we had to learn cartwheels and needless to say, I failed miserably.
- When I first saw the word “epitome”, I thought it was pronounced “epi-toume” (like ‘epi-tomb’, without the ‘b’ at the end).
- 7 is my favorite number. (Fun fact: It was also my roll number every year til 8th grade).
- I think white chocolate is underrated.
- Lou Malnati’s is my favorite deep dish pizza (aka the best deep dish in Chicago).
- I didn’t know what a “block” was until I was 18 and started going to school in the city. If someone told me to walk 3 blocks, I’d just get more confused.
- I have 2 stretch marks on my left knee and I have no clue as to how they came into existence.
- My favorite Disney movie is the Lion King. I’ve always wanted to go see it on Broadway.
- If I see an actor/actress in a movie or TV show that I recognize from somewhere else, I HAVE to figure out where they’re from, otherwise I cannot focus on what I am currently viewing.
- I don’t like water with the “added for taste” minerals. (Water is supposed to be tasteless. Why ruin a good thing with minerals?)
- For the longest time, I thought the phrase “beggars can’t be choosers” was actually “buyers can’t be choosers”. (Don’t worry. I see the flaw in my thinking now.)
- One of my earliest memories is looking out of a huge window wall in Switzerland and seeing all the snow on the mountains.
- My first pet was a guppy fish named Ruby who lived for two years.
- I can only wink one eye and raise one eyebrow, both on the left side.
Here’s to being weird Mimi. May we all find someone whose weirdness is just as crazy as ours.
Being called weird is like being called limited edition. It means you’re something that people don’t see that often. Remember that.
There are few things in this world that unite everyone. One of them is Buzzfeed quizzes. These quizzes are literally the biggest time wasters you will ever have, but you will never consider these as such, because hey! I’m learning about myself and if I really am the next Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (you will sadly not get this reference at first read). So, throughout my high school and college career, where time is most abundantly wasted, here is a complete profile of myself, based entirely off Buzzfeed quizzes that I have taken. With, of course, my commentary sporadically given.
-There are a lot. I apologize for this in advance. Hope you don’t get too bored going through all of them.
-I’m not going to link each quiz because let’s face it, I’m not THAT nice and more honestly, I don’t have that much time. But, if you every want to take any of these, a simple google search of “buzzfeed (insert quiz name/topic) quiz” will suffice.
-These are in no particular order. It is completely random.
-Some of these may overlap. It is not my fault. I have taken so many of them that I can not be responsible for remembering all of them.
-I have bolded the ones that are actually true about me. Just so you’re not confused lol.
Here we go.
I should’ve majored in computer science (ha! No) ★ The female literary character that I am is Jo March, from Little Women ★ I should compete on the show Cupcake Wars on the Food Network (I don’t even like cupcakes that much) ★ I am two parts old lady to three parts young (this is probably accurate) ★ I am the classic SNL character Matt Foley ★ I am attracted to awkward, yet adorable British gentlemen (sure, why not) ★ I have done my fair share of living, but I am actually not living life to my fullest ★ I embody the city of Barcelona ★ The Tiffany/classic engagement ring is perfect for me (umm depends) ★ I am the Pixar movie Brave ★ The fictional city I should actually live in is Rivendell from Lord of the Rings ★ I should’ve actually gone to Harvard (yeah no) ★ The food that matches my personality is a sandwich ★ I am not a butthole at all ★ I should actually be an astronaut (what?) ★ I am the Corgi dog ★ I eat like a small child ★ I will be a helicopter parent ★ I am the dancing twins emoji (I prefer the dancing lady one) ★ I am Tiana, from the Disney Princesses ★ The Disney couple that is my ideal relationship is Anna and Kristoff from Frozen ★ I am straddling the line between cool and uncool (no way. I am all cool) ★ The girlscout cookie that is me is chocolate chip shortbread ★ I am single because I am too perfect (cheers to that) ★ I am a suddenly single serial dater ★ I should be in the “best friends” relationship ★ I am so emotionally unavailable that I am “frozen” (okay not that much) ★ The dinosaur I am is the dilophosaurus ★ I should get a teeny tiny tattoo someplace cute like behind my ear or on the inside of my wrist (I wish) ★ I am the shark Mark Cuban from Shark Tank ★ If I were elected president, I would be going on Mount Rushmore, striding along the best presidents in history ★ Ombre hair is the trendy thing I would really love if I actually tried it (I don’t think I can pull it off) ★ My fate in the Hunger Games would be death. I succumbed to a career during the final showdown ★ Continue reading
There comes a time after you get married (I wouldn’t know, but I’m just assuming lol) where your weirdness slowly starts to creep out. Well, I’m gonna do my future husband a favor and just let it all out at once haha 😉 I present to you, the 15 most important things my husband NEEDS to know about me if he wants to survive. Muahahahahaha!
- I once stole a shopping cart from a store and pushed it 2 miles back to my dorm while studying abroad in Turkey (in my defense we had a lot of groceries, it was over 100°F out, and we were exhausted/fasting).
- Apple cider vinegar smells like feet to me and is the bane of my existence.
- In 7th grade, I broke my foot by dropping a shampoo bottle on it (2 days before a trip overseas).
- Mango juice and strawberry milkshakes are the way to my heart (and washing the dishes).
- I am a picture hoarder (you never know when you might need to pull up the 3 billion pictures of your cat).
- I have a taste aversion to Taco Bell (sorry bro, can’t ever go there. at least not with me)
- The best pick up line I’ve ever heard was “Do you like free food?” (That should already tell you a lot about me off the bat).
- I say ‘duck’ tape instead of ‘duct tape’ and ‘sherbert’ instead of ‘sherbet’.
- According to one of my friends, my face feels like pudding and I use too much moisturizer (I apologize for my friend’s lack of boundaries).
- I never know how to pronounce ‘Oberweis’ from “Oberweis Ice Cream” (everyone I ask says something different!)
- I give my cat a shower twice a year.
- 2:17 is my favorite time (it is so randomly exquisite).
- Caffeine does not work on me. I can drink a whole cup of coffee or an entire can of pop and go right to sleep.
- I hate the following words and phrases: cool beans, totes, adorbs, perf, slay, yaaaas!, on fleek, can’t even (learn to speak like an educated adult people! have a shred a dignity!)
- I used to be afraid of geese (USED TO BE).
So there you have it Mimi. Wish him luck, he’s gonna need it.
Sometimes, I pretend to be normal, but it gets boring. So I go back to being me.