We’re back with the weirdness confessions, so here we go!
- The only salad I like is from Olive Garden (And I don’t like salad dressing. Not really a salad person).
- I cannot do a cartwheel to save my life and I don’t think I’ll ever be able to. We had a unit in first grade gym where we had to learn cartwheels and needless to say, I failed miserably.
- When I first saw the word “epitome”, I thought it was pronounced “epi-toume” (like ‘epi-tomb’, without the ‘b’ at the end).
- 7 is my favorite number. (Fun fact: It was also my roll number every year til 8th grade).
- I think white chocolate is underrated.
- Lou Malnati’s is my favorite deep dish pizza (aka the best deep dish in Chicago).
- I didn’t know what a “block” was until I was 18 and started going to school in the city. If someone told me to walk 3 blocks, I’d just get more confused.
- I have 2 stretch marks on my left knee and I have no clue as to how they came into existence.
- My favorite Disney movie is the Lion King. I’ve always wanted to go see it on Broadway.
- If I see an actor/actress in a movie or TV show that I recognize from somewhere else, I HAVE to figure out where they’re from, otherwise I cannot focus on what I am currently viewing.
- I don’t like water with the “added for taste” minerals. (Water is supposed to be tasteless. Why ruin a good thing with minerals?)
- For the longest time, I thought the phrase “beggars can’t be choosers” was actually “buyers can’t be choosers”. (Don’t worry. I see the flaw in my thinking now.)
- One of my earliest memories is looking out of a huge window wall in Switzerland and seeing all the snow on the mountains.
- My first pet was a guppy fish named Ruby who lived for two years.
- I can only wink one eye and raise one eyebrow, both on the left side.
Here’s to being weird Mimi. May we all find someone whose weirdness is just as crazy as ours.
Being called weird is like being called limited edition. It means you’re something that people don’t see that often. Remember that.