After I decided I have enough makeup for 3 lifetimes (which I later realized looking at other people’s collections that I am still impoverished in makeup, relatively), I decided to dedicate my efforts to another obsession: parfums.
Literally my only perfumes were an Adidas toilette that I received 2 years ago and a Victoria’s Secret rollerball. Part of adulting is finding some good scents Mimi and I was severely lacking in that department.
So I set out to find some more fragrances yet and it was way, way, wayyyyyyyyy harder than I imagined.
I started off doing the logical thing, in my opinion. I ordered a sampler kit from Sephora, which contained 8 samples of the most popular fragrances from this year. Here’s what was included and what I thought of them using emojis (which if you read my October & November favorites, you would already know some):
- Angel by Thierry Mugler: 😷😷😷😷😷
- This just smelled like BO mixed with Lysol in a bottle
- YSL Mon Paris: 😍😍😍😍😍
- A very girly scent, it’s a mix of fruity & floral. Smells very princess-y.
- Marc Jacobs Divine Decadence: 🙂🙂🙂
- This is a very elegant fragrance which smelled like your classic department store perfume.
- My Burberry Black: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
- I can’t quite describe the notes in this, but it was very muted, yet confident and sensual. Definitely liked it better than the original My Burberry.
- Tom Ford Orchid Soleil: 😊😊😊😊
- It smelled like orchids, which was nice and it had a sweet undertone. I quite enjoyed this.
- Elizabeth and James Nirvana Rose:🤕🤕🤕
- This was just meh. It was very spicy, with a little bit of sweet, but it didn’t appeal to me.
- Elizabeth and James Nirvana Bourbon: 😓😓😓😓
- No. While I liked it eons over Angel, I hate the smell of Bourbon, which is exactly what this smelled like.